FOR 22-Apr-20

Update from the Bridge


On March 17, 2020, the Government of Ontario declared an emergency under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. This provincial emergency has been extended until May 12th.  As this timing now impacts the planning of many of our TYC activities, we have a number of updates to pass along to the membership.


May 10th 2020 Launch Postponed:

We have been in contact with Vanwyck Crane Service and have reserved May 31st and June 7th as possible new launch dates.  We will not have any further information about launch until after the May 12th date, unless the Ontario Government makes an announcement sooner.  The Town will then decide on how they will respond with respect to the harbour.  We are planning on working closely with both Vanwyck and the Town to put together a final launch day plan.


This year’s launch day will be VERY different than others in the past. The TYC harbour committee is preparing a launch plan, which will meet the requirements of the Town of the Blue Mountains for this season.   Safety for all is essential and will be a top priority.


We are looking for 2 other TYC members to join the TYC harbour committee for this season. You can contact David L’Heureux at if you are interested in helping out.


Removal of winter covers:


Ryan Gibbons, of the Town, has reached out to the Ontario government to see if the Town could allow scheduled time access to the marina for members to remove their winter covers during this time. Unfortunately, the Ontario government has refused the request.


Membership dues and Launch fees:

The Bridge has decided to extend the due date for both the membership dues and launch fees until May 12th, 2020.   


Thank you to all who have already sent in their membership dues.  This is truly appreciated as TYC still has bills to pay for our ongoing expenses.  Keep in mind that any of the launch or race fees that you have paid will not be lost if things change.


Social events and activities:

With all the emphasis on social distancing, we will also have to refrain from hosting any of the social events we had planned for May and June.  This would include cancelling the Commodore’s Ball. 


At this time, we are hoping to only “postpone” Sailpast and get creative on how we might still be able to celebrate the start of the season!  We are also exploring other ideas on how we might be able to host some fun activities, including virtual racing.  Stay tuned.


Your Bridge has been working very hard trying to dig down and get the facts, so we can continue to make informed decisions.  We thank you all once again for your patience in these matters.  We will continue to keep you posted as information becomes available.


Stay well everyone.


Commodores Ball - May 9th - Cancelled


TYC Dinner - May 23rd - Cancelled


Sail Past - May 6th - Postponed - TBA








Get Adobe Reader FreeFor best results please download the lastest version of the FREE Adobe Reader HERE.