Mark Your Calendar
February 9th – Corner Cafe – 4 pm – Heavy Weather Sailing
Presented by Randy Litchfield, topics include:
Preparation - Hope for the best; prepare for the worst.
1. Understand how wind and waves work and their effect on boat handling.
2. Know your boat's design and heavy weather limitations.
3. Have the sail and equipment inventory that can survive a storm and get you home.
4. Be able to accommodate your crew in safety and comfort.
5. Know how to identify the signs of impending bad weather.
Procedures - Pick the right tactic for the right situation.
1. Is it fight or flight?
2. When to shorten sail and how.
3. Steering methods for rough seas.
4. Heaving to and lying a-hull.
5. Navigating lee shores.
February 22 – Winter Rendezvous
Join us for Snow Shoeing at Coffin Ridge Winery
The Event Begins at 1pm for Snow Shoeing. Bring your own Snowshoes or borrow a pair at Coffin Ridge.
After a vigorous hike in the bush, return to the winery for wine tasting, hot soup, cheese chacuterie and mulled wine.
Cost is $10 per person. We are working on a BUS TRANSPORTATION – more information to follow when details are confirmed.
THIS YEAR ALL EVENTS WILL REQUIRE REGISTERING ON-LINE IN ADVANCE. PLEASE REGISTER ON-LINE on the
TYC Website AND PAY BY E-TRANSFER OR DROP A CHEQUE INTO GILES.
THIS MUST BE DONE BY MONDAY, FEB. 17TH.
For more info call katherine koningen at 647-9712767 or email email@example.com
LEMONADE COLLECTIVE EXTENDS SPECIAL DISCOUNT
Lemonade Collective is a new fitness club in the area. They are extending a 10% discount to TYC members off regular
priced annual memberships.
USE PROMO CODE: TYC
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For best results please download the lastest version of the FREE Adobe Reader HERE.