BUMP & GRIND
HOUSEKEEPING ON THE HARD
- Make sure your step ladder is locked to your cradle, and your boat ladder is secured out of reach.
- Remove or make fast any loose items that could blow away from the topside.
- Re-attach your backstay. If your boat was hauled with mast up, you had to detach it. (Recently, we had an unfastened mast come down unexpectedly. Fortunately, there was no major damage, and no one was hurt. But…)
- So, you've left your slip, but what might you have you left behind? There are still some abandoned power cords on the docks.
An Invitation from the Blue Mountain Power & Sail Squadron
This is an open invitation to all boaters and their families in Southern Georgian Bay. On Saturday November 3rd the local Squadron of the Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons will be holding a FREE SEMINAR using our new Paddling and Board Smart booklet. This will run from 11:00 till 14:00 in the quiet room (Atlantic Room) of the Royal Canadian Legion, 490 Ontario Street Collingwood. We will supply light refreshments after the seminar. The book will be available for purchase at our cost of $15.00. This Seminar was created to help keep all boaters aware of kayaks and paddle boards etc. This seminar was created locally and is now available across the country. There will be a total of 26 of these short programs available and Blue Mountain Squadron hopes to make all available as soon as they become published.
We would also like to announce our up-coming VHF course that will be held over 4 days at Collingwood Collegiate room 213 on November 8th,13th,15th and closing on the20th. At the end of the course you will be examined and on successful completion you will receive your ROC(M) license to operate a VHF radio. All operators of a VHF radio require to have a ROC(M) license. The fine for not having the license is $5.000.00. To register for this course please go to www.boatingcourses.ca Pre-registration is required so we will have sufficient books and material on hand at the start.
Any questions please contact Dan Blackwell
- Dec 16 - Pub Night
- Jan 25 - Tentative Downhill Ski Meetup
- Feb 15 - Tentative date for Winter Rendezvous
- May 12, 2019 - Launch is only 195 days away!
- July 13/14, 2019 - Proposed date - Thornbury Harbour to host the Great Lakes Masters Championship & Open Laser Regatta (volunteers + participants stay tuned!)